The List

Follow my progress on the spreadsheet HERE.


Sunday, March 13, 2011

Guess what's closed?

First and foremost, Benchwarmers (link to a nicer review than mine, here).  I'd only been there once for drinks, and I really wasn't looking forward to going back so I'm not too distraught over the closure.  Also, for all I know it could have happened months ago, since no one I know has ever returned there after going once.  After being kicked out during the final few minutes of whatever important sports game they were watching, my friends decided it was worth the drive to the Plant for the next important sports game.  And now that Buffalo Wild Wings opened on Rt. 13, it was only a matter of time until Benchwarmers was driven out of business.  I would be sad to see a local company pushed out by a chain, except when said local company kind of sucked.

Next, Wildfire.  It was only open for 10 minutes, at which time it had no customers and then closed.  Now, the space is filled with what is rumored to be a cupcake-and-beer-bar, Delilah's.  Okay by me.

Finally, Lehigh Valley House.  According to my sources (ahem, the internet) it was the oldest restaurant in Ithaca, and dated back to the town's "railroad heyday," which must have been a lovely--if slightly mythical--time.  It was an old Ithaca landmark, though, and lots of townies (and even a few cultured Cornellians) were sad to see it go.

Anyone know of closures I've missed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment