The List

Follow my progress on the spreadsheet HERE.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Ithaca Eating Project

I've been complaining lately that there aren't any good restaurants in Ithaca.  After driving around for a little while doing errands yesterday, I realized that there are a lot of restaurants that I've never even heard of, much less been to, here in town.  Most of them are Chinese takeout.  I got on the interwebz when I got home, and discovered....162 restaurants currently in Ithaca, to be exact (and not counting McDonalds, Subway and the like).  I also came upon this website, www.eatingithaca.com, and they're in the midst of eating at every restaurant in Ithaca from A to Z.  They're also chatting with chefs and a little distracted by other foodie-related things, but I like the eating part, so I'm in.


I counted up the restaurants I've been to already, and got to 42 yesterday.  Apparently drinking on the Commons clouded my memory of some of the pizza places that I've been to down there, because I realized today that I can check off Ameritalia and Sammy's.  How could I forget Sammy's, with it's famous-Republicans-eat-here window art?
A different kind of pizzeria....is it?

For a list of the restaurants, and where I've been, check out the google doc: The Ithaca Eating Project

No comments:

Post a Comment